It was the site where, about 1830, the Tuscaloosa Female Academy was built. In 1885, the building became Tuscaloosa’s first school building, called the Stafford School. In 1955, when the Stafford School building was demolished, the 9-story Hotel Stafford rose in its place. Tuscaloosa Hotel Co. built the hotel with Hayes Tucker as head and the company was made up of civic leaders who considered providing a downtown hotel a civic duty. When the hotel opened in 1956, it was the finest accommodation in Tuscaloosa. Families went there for Sunday dinner, and important guests and thousands of visitors stayed there. It became the place for organizations and clubs to meet.
Perfect to frame and give as a gift! Both these 1960s matchbooks are in good vintage condition. Matchbooks measure 1" T x 1.5" W.
• PRICE PER MATCHBOOK
• TWO AVAILABLE
Orders will ship in 7-9 business days after receiving the order. All sales are final. 💕